On Tuesday, we published the first in a three-part series of “year end” pieces on Architizer, our 2012 Top 10 Public Interest Design Predictions in Review. The history is that a year ago, Archinect published our “Top 10 Design Initiatives to Watch in 2012–For The Public Good.” Here we are, a year later and wiser, to take a quick look back.
1. The TED Prize was awarded to “The City 2.0”
2. Design for America has, indeed, spread its wings
3. The Public Interest Design Institute hit the road
4. The 1% program eclipsed 1,000 firms
5. The Intern Development Program 2.0 took effect
6. Design Like You Give a Damn 2 hit the shelves
7. Studio H, the documentary, due out in 2013
8. Archiculture film in production
9. U.S. Pavilion at the Venice Biennale showcased “Spontaneous Interventions”
10. Public Policy Lab took shape
Bonus: Rounding up to 12, one public interest media site reboots, while another waits.
Click here to read our “2012 Top 10 Public Interest Design Predictions in Review,” online at Architizer.com.